If you offer a lot of different products or services, it may be beneficial to offer a custom printed catalogue to new and returning customers. A catalogue can showcase your best and brightest products in detail, and help increase sales. Research has shown that a catalogue and a website together can increase sales as much as twenty percent! Most customers appreciate the opportunity to choose how they order -- by phone, in person, by mail, or online.
Why offer a custom catalogue?
* A good looking catalogue is a representative of your business, just like a website, flyer, poster, or brochure.
* If you have more than one item you want to feature. If your company only offered one item or service, a postcard or tri-fold brochure could do the job. If you have many products and services, a catalogue can give your customers a look at everything you have to offer.
* A catalogue gives customers the opportunity to look at everything you have to offer and compare products side by side.
* Your customers will have access to your products or services at any time -- first thing in the morning, over an afternoon cup of coffee, whenever they happen to page through your catalogue.
You have a lot of decisions to make when it comes to catalogue design -- this is where it is a good idea to have an experienced printing professional on your side. They can help walk you through decisions like:
* How many pages will the catalogue have?
* Will the pages be big enough for the text and graphics you want to include?
* Do you want to print in full color?
* How will the catalogue be distributed? How often will you send it?
* How will you include ordering information? Do you want an order form? Contact information? Store locations?
If you are thinking about sending your catalogue out monthly or quarterly, you may want to work with your printing professional to create a template you can use for designing future editions. With a template, you can have a uniform look from one catalogue to the next with the ability to reorganize and change your offerings. If your catalogue looks different every time you send it, your repeat customers may never learn to recognize your brand. If you have a uniform look with each edition, you'll give off a professional image and subtly imprint your brand into your customer's memories.
Catalogues come in a few different standard sizes:
* A5 148 by 210 mm
* A4 210 by 297mm
* A3 297 by 420 mm
Most high quality catalogues are printed on plain glossy paper with aqueous coating. Your printing professional can help you choose an appropriate paper that will look good, fit within your budget, and be strong enough to withstand wear and tear. After all, you don't want your pages to tear when your customers look through the catalogue!
Last but not least, you'll need to think about binding. There are six different types of binding available for catalogues: perfect binding, saddle stitched, side stitched, case binding, plastic comb binding, and three ring binding. We can help you pick the best binding for the paper you've chosen and the size of your catalogue.
'The Catalogue Printing Basics' was brought to you by Advance Printing and Signs Pty Ltd...A true "one stop" PRINTING & SIGNAGE supplier. Want to save TIME, MONEY & STRESS on all your printing needs? Contact us on 02 9749 1966 at 38 Railway Street, Lidcombe, Sydney, NSW Australia 2141
(C) 2010 David Ji - Advance Printing & Signs