If you want to get the word out about your business quickly, easily, and cost-effectively, you canít beat direct mail.
Why is a direct mail campaign useful for your business?
* New and existing customers will get the chance to learn about your business in the comfort of their own homes.
* A direct mail campaign can create interest and excitement for a new product or service that you offer.
* Need a sales boost? Response to a direct mail campaign can be just what your company needs.
* Want more traffic to your store or hits for your website? A mailing can encourage customers to visit you for more information, exciting new products and services, and more.
* Repeated contact helps establish a relationship with returning customers. The occasional mailing will keep your name and brand in front of the people who need what you provide.
* Repeated contact also helps make your brand/logo more familiar!
One big advantage of direct mail is that it can be targeted and personal. You can focus on your specific audience -- by purchasing a mailing list that meets certain criteria you have chosen or by sending your mailing to people who have opted to receive advertising. If you keep a mailing list at your retail location or a sign-up list on your website, you already have your database of recipients!
If you just start picking addresses out of the phone book or names out of a hat, youíll be wasting a lot of time and money with your campaign. A targeted direct mail campaign will direct your message at the people who need to hear it. Whether you decide to send a sales letter, postcard, catalogue, or brochure, you are giving your new and returning customers a tangible representation of your company and your message.
Want to get even more from your direct mailing? Donít just make it an advertisement; make it interactive. Include a coupon that encourages your customers to make a purchase. This way, youíll have measurable proof of the effectiveness of your campaign -- you can track how many coupons are returned. Even if you donít include a coupon, you can keep track of responses and inquiries on your website, by phone, and in retail locations. After your first mailing, youíll have a good idea of what works and what doesnít.
Whether you want to get the word out about a new location, exciting new service, or innovative new product, a direct mail campaign can get the message directly to the people you want to reach.
Direct mail can encourage customer loyalty, too. Reward the people who sign up for your mailing list with a discount or a buy one/get one free offer. Just make sure the thing you are advertising is something that will be relevant and valuable to your customers. In your text, point out how your product will help customers, and how it is different from similar offerings out there.
Write your direct mail campaign with this question in mind: what do I want customers to do when they read this? Everything you write should work towards the goal of getting your customers to do what you want -- call for an appointment, make a purchase, visit a website, or stop by your store. Give customers a reason to do what you want them to, and your direct mail campaign will be a success!
" Why Direct Mail? " was brought to you by Advance Printing and Signs Pty Ltd...A true "one stop" PRINTING & SIGNAGE supplier. Want to save TIME, MONEY & STRESS on all your printing needs? Contact us on 02 9749 1966 at 38 Railway Street, Lidcombe, Sydney, NSW Australia 2141
(C) 2010 David Ji - Advance Printing & Signs