Printed door hangers can really open doors for your business! Where other advertisements, like flyers or direct mail, may get quickly overlooked, a door hanger almost guarantees your message will get once attention.
* A strong headline -- usually your business name. As potential clients approach the door, they should be able to see your business name first.
* A list of services. With a door hanger,
you do have the luxury of more space than
some other forms of advertising. However, you still may not be able to include everything! Make sure you get your top five or six selling points on the front; you can always add more details on the back. Make sure your message is clear.
* Your contact information. You want your phone number, email address, and store location to stand out so potential clients can find the information they want easily. If a person has to struggle to find out how to get in touch with you, they may decide that it isn't worth the effort. Make it effortless!
* Hours of operation. If you are a 24 hour pizza place or don't deliver after a certain time, you want your potential clients to know that right away! Make it easy for people to choose your business or service.
* Color and graphics will help hold your customer's interest and guide the eye down the page. Don't forget about the importance of white space! If you cram your advertisement too full, no one will be able to read it.
* Think about including a coupon or special offer to increase response. A call to action with specific instructions -- come in today for a free consultation or use this coupon before a certain date -- will create a sense of urgency.
A standard door hanger is one half the size of an A4/letter sized sheet of paper, folded in half vertically. Want to really stand out? Think about an even bigger door hanger, made from A5/legal sized paper folded in half vertically. Most people leave a bit at the top blank -- this is where the hole is punched or the paper is otherwise cut to be able to hang around a doorknob.
You may want to choose a heavier paper weight or card stock in order to make your advertisement last -- especially if you are printing your restaurant's delivery or take out menu. People tend to hang on to those for future or repeated use, so you want yours to last. Ask your printing professional about the various paper weights available; your printer should be able to help you find a heavier paper that fits into your printing budget.
Consider some sort of weather resistant coating for your door hangers -- especially if your printed material will be exposed to the weather. A high gloss UV coating will weather-proof your door hanger AND be very eye-catching.
Your printer may also offer rip hangers -- a door hanger with a detachable business card at the bottom. Potential and current customers can take the card with them for future use and keep the door hanger at home as a backup.
Essential Elements For Door Hanger Printing was brought to you by Advance Printing and Signs Pty Ltd...A true "one stop" PRINTING & SIGNAGE supplier. Want to save TIME, MONEY & STRESS on all your printing needs? Contact us on 02 9749 1966 at 38 Railway Street, Lidcombe, Sydney, NSW Australia 2141
(C) 2010 David Ji - Advance Printing & Signs